cczarneckikernus

cczarneckikernus

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Seamus Deane, James Joyce

Cloud Atlas

Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell David Mitchell is an amazing author. The New York Times book review is not wrong: "Mitchell is, clearly, a genius."

This has been on my to-read shelf for a while. The six interrelated stories are held separate by language and time periods, and I think, although having enjoyed "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet", I must confess to being intimidated by this previous work, and "complicated" story line. What if Mr. Mitchell is far too genius for me to enjoy?

However, a genius of a different sort chose to present this on the big screen. Upon exiting that vision, I declared I would read the book and then purchase the BlueRay for another viewing. Maybe I could use a few more brain cells, because this process worked wonderfully, as I fear I may not have continued reading without some excellent background visuals, which probably even enhanced my experience as I came across such gems as: "Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage."

David Mitchell leaves me agog.